Wednesday, June 11

Summertime

Summer is finally here. Time to relax, enjoy the weather, hang out with the kids more, go to the pool--you know--all the summer things that you're supposed to do.


Unfortunately, even though I know that I'm supposed to do all of those things, I find that it's not as easy to do as one would think. I'm getting old. I used to dream about being able to break away from work, and just chill out...the problem is that I know the reality--the longer that I'm chillin', once I return to work, the more I'll be illin'.


Just because I take a break from routine, doesn't mean that it takes a break. Things continue to pile up, calls go unreturned, e-mails get trunkated into the bottomless 'in-box', and before I even get back to my desk, I'm dreading getting back to my desk.


So much for vacation

No comments: