Saturday, August 14

Reality

Reality sucks sometimes.  Especially when it runs diametrically opposed to what you thought was going to happen.

I'm sure that you've all experienced this.  You've got an idea/plan/dream in your head, you execute the list of 'things-to-do' in order to put the dream in motion, work until you're nearly delirious, take a step back and...

...realize that what is currently in front of you looks NOTHING like what you thought it was going to.  I know that I'm not the only one that this has happened to, but when you're in the middle of it it sure feels that way.

If you're just jumping into my story here, I've been a FT pastor for the last 12 years, and now I'm not.  There's a lot inside that last sentence, but I don't feel like going through it right now (you can read my other posts to get the back story).

Anyway, due to some things that were out of my control (which is a lot btw), my wonderful wife, three kids, two dogs and 20+ years of stuff we've collected are headed to Ashland, KY, for a new chapter.

Michelle will be working with/for her dad in his company, and me...well, I'm not sure what I'll be doing.  I gotta tell you that after a run in the music industry and a second career as a pastor, my head is trying to convince me that I don't have much to put down on a resume that many in the greater metro-Ashland area might want to invest in.  But I digress.

If you, or someone you know, is looking for a young, talented, good-looking, multi-faceted person who speaks three languages and has a plan to end world hunger, don't call me.  However, if you know of a need for a guy who is a hard worker, fast learner and motivated to jump into a third career head first--please get in touch.

No comments: