Monday, August 9

Weird

It's been a couple of weeks since I resigned from faith venture, and just recently I've been feeling weird. Probably not for the reason that you might think.

I'm feeling weird because I thought for sure (I had completely convinced myself) that once I obeyed God (that is, resigned), that the clouds would clear, the birds would start singing, and that the next piece of God's puzzle for my life would be revealed.

I don't know why I thought that. Maybe it's because I wanted that so badly that I was willing to believe it--but in actuality there's really no guarantee of this 'obedience' action-'everything feels better' reaction kind of thing.

As a matter of fact, some of my biggest heroes in the Bible dealt with this. Abraham did what God asked him to, and it took up until the very last second to see God intervene (Gen 22); Then there's Moses and the promised land (He NEVER got in); Joseph (textbook definition of doing what you're supposed to and things not working out--in the short-term).

So I KNOW that I shouldn't expect quick and easy results from my obedience, but I'm trying to be honest here and say that I expect quick and easy results. However--I know God, and I know that He doesn't wear a watch, or consult with the calendar when making decisions. So, I'm disciplining myself to pray and have faith that God WILL show up and that what He has planned for us will blow us away. And that's what I'm telling my kids before bedtime every night.

Please keep praying for us...

No comments: